Welcome New Families!
Each year, Capitol Hill Day School welcomes new families to the School community. We strive to make the transition an easy and seamless one. Here is some useful contact information, as well as suggestions for the many ways parents can be involved in the life of the School. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions. And, of course, you are always welcome to contact any of the faculty and staff.
Jmaw Moses 202-386-9911
Call to report absences or illness.
Capitol Hill Day School families have always participated in and contributed to the School community in a number of ways. The School seeks volunteers throughout the year for a variety of events. Parents can be involved as...
- Homeroom Parents
- Annual Giving Chairs
- Admissions Open House Volunteers
- Off-Campus Admissions Fairs (Black Student Fund, Rainbow Families, World Bank/IMF)
- School Auction Chairs and Volunteers
- Members of Board of Trustees
- School representatives at community events (Barrack's Row Street Festival, Yards Park Summer Concerts, Fourth of July Capitol Hill Parade)
- Back to School Picnic Chairs and Volunteers
- Community Service Committee (Extra Lunch Wednesdays, Giving Tree, food drives)
Additionally, parents may share their expertise and interests in support of the School's Field Education Program by contracting Lisa Sommers at firstname.lastname@example.org.