After School Music Program
The CHDS After School Music Program offers individual and small group instrumental and voice lessons with qualified music teachers in weekly half hour lessons that cover a variety of instruments and styles. Families should plan to buy or rent an instrument for their student. After School Music students enjoy performance opportunities during the School's annual Winter and Spring Recitals.In addition to individual instrument and voice lessons, we offer these weekly ensemble class options:
- Jazz Ensemble (Grades 5-8) Thursdays 3:45-4:35pm with Mr. Ben Young
- Rock/Pop Ensemble (Grades 6-8) Mondays 4:00-4:50pm with Ms. Joni Thompson
- Vocal Ensemble (Grades 3-8) Wednesdays 2:15-3:05pm with Ms. Kellie McHugh Dragity
Note: Students planning to enroll in the Jazz or Rock/Pop Ensemble should have experience with their instrument and continue to be enrolled in individual lessons.
2016-2017 Fees for After School Music Program Classes, per semester:
- Individual instrumental music lessons $575
- Ensemble classes $185
Important Notes About Enrichment and Music Class Fees:
- Full-time ASP students will receive a 10% discount on enrichment and music classes.
- ASP charges will be applied if your child checks into ASP before or after an enrichment or music class.
- Enrichment or music class students who are in the classroom before and/or after their class will be checked into ASP and applicable ASP charges will apply.
Debra MacLeod is the Director of the After School Music Program, and she is happy to answer your questions. If you are interested in registering your child for lessons, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.