Benefits & Opportunities
Benefits | Professional Development
Through our commitment to professional development and social justice, Capitol Hill Day School is a place where both students and teachers grow and thrive. Our commitments and beliefs as educators are rooted in creating a reflective and collaborative culture, and demonstrating lifelong learning.
Learn more about our community below.
- Medical insurance plans including PPO, HMO, and high deductible option with School contribution to HSA account
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with generous School-matching contribution
- Extensive professional development opportunities including summer grants, travel, and tuition reimbursement
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition remission
- Transportation benefits
...and numerous opportunities to socialize through book clubs, happy hours, musical interests, and more!
Recent Professional Development Opportunities
- NPS Diversity Institute
- Early Childhood STEM Fall Conference in Colorado
- People of Color Conference in Tennessee
- AIMS: Mindsets in Classroom Workshop
- AIMS: Sexuality Education Symposium
- NAEYC Annual Conference
- AIMS: Reading, Arithmetic, Organization
- Progressive Education Network National Institute
- Building Social-Emotional Learning Through Dance and Creative Movement
- Two Rivers Workshop: Problem-Based Task Learning Lab in Middle School
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children & Adolescents
- AIMS: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Conference
- AIMS: Lower School Coding Play Date
Equal Opportunity Statement
Differences in religion, socio-economic status, racial and cultural heritage, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression create the opportunity for people to learn from each other as they learn with each other. As such, Capitol Hill Day School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, termination, compensation, and training.