After School Music Program
The CHDS After School Music Program offers individual and small group instrumental and voice lessons with qualified music teachers in weekly half hour lessons that cover a variety of instruments and styles. Families should plan to buy or rent an instrument for their student. After School Music students enjoy performance opportunities during the School's annual Winter and Spring Recitals.
Individual lessons offered:
- Violin/Viola (5+)
- Percussion: drums & melodic percussion (age 5+)
- Piano (age 5+)
- Guitar/Ukulele (age 6+)
- Voice lessons (Grades 5-8)
In addition to individual instrument and voice lessons, we offer these weekly ensemble class options:
- Vocal Ensemble (Grades 3-8)
- String Chamber Ensemble (Grades 2-8)
Note: Students planning to enroll in the String Chamber Ensemble should have experience with their instrument and continue to be enrolled in individual lessons.
Debra MacLeod is the Director of the After School Music Program, and she is happy to answer your questions. If you are interested in registering your child for lessons, please email her at email@example.com.
Individual Instrumental Music Lessons
(Most lessons begin the week of September 10)
- 15-16 weekly half hour lessons, plus recital opportunity.
- Individual Lessons: $600 per semester
- Ensemble Classes: $185-$200 per semester
- Contact Debra MacLeod (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.